Yesterday

Yesterday was a total beat down. It amazes me that I can get so stinkin tired going back to work after only 2 days off. As a result, I didn't even turn my computer on when I got home. So... here is my list of things I am thankful for from yesterday AND today:
  • The Dallas Arboretum - I really do enjoy that place. I don't think we've even seen the whole thing yet, but it has offered me a place to get some really great shots of my kids.
  • Any kind of music - Brandon claims that my iPod is schizophrenic. But you name the genre, I have a sample of it on my iPod. (except for maybe rap, never really got into that) I'm trying to expose the boys to lots of different types of music too.
  • I'm American! I know there are a lot of people out there that wouldn't see this as a positive, and they are entitled to their own opinion. But I am proud of my country and that I can call it my home.
  • For my Latin heritage - I love that I can be American and still be proud of my heritage. There is certain amount of guilty pleasure I take in knowing that my family is so different. The way my parents met, the place I was born, etc. Only a military family would get it.
  • Great friendships - I've met so many people in my life and no matter that we flittered in and out of contact with each other, I still cherish every friendship I've ever had. In some way, each of them helped shape who I am today.
  • The rain - it's raining today and I absolutely love it! I love the smell of rain in the air, the cloudy sky, the sound of it hitting the windows. I love thunder and lightning and curling up with a good book or a snuggly baby.
  • Mama Lita - I am so grateful that my boys have been able to meet her and hug her and let her know that they love her.
  • Air Conditioning - I live in Texas...enough said.
  • Enchiladas - YUM...thanks for teaching me mom.
  • Paint - I love that I can change a whole room with just a coat of paint. It keeps me from wanting to move, it keeps me from getting bored. (my husband is not so thankful for this)

So, there is my list. I'm off on a mission right now. A mission to find some photos of some of those great friendships. Also, I hope to spend some time creating - maybe I can manage a couple of layouts about the things I am thankful for.

Comments

scrappyjacky said…
Found your list fascinating....I'm afraid living in the UK rain is something I'm rarely thankful for....we get soooo much....but,of course,I should be thankful....it's one of the reasons we never have starvation in this country.
Andy said…
Hehe - funny you should say that. As I was typing about rain I was thinking how other people would not like it so much living in areas with a lot of it. We've actually had a lot of rain this year, but we normally don't. Probably why I like it - maybe I wouldn't so much if it rained a lot.
Melanie said…
I just wanted to say thanks for your comment and I have been enjoying your blog and thought it about time I told you so! Thanks for the inspiration...

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade