Before the day gets away from me

I have a quote that is one of my all time favorites. It goes like this:

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that the place will be proud of him." - Abraham Lincoln

Today is Veteran's Day and like so many people around the country, I want to give thanks to the men and women in uniform. Thanks for their dedication, sacrifice and bravery.

I grew up in a military family and have a monumental amount of pride in, not just my country and our military, but pride in my dad. He has always been my hero and will always be a source of comfort and safety. And what an amazing role model he is for my boys.

After years in the military he's still off having amazing adventures with mom. Although, he isn't here where I can see him on a daily basis and I miss him (I miss both of them), I am so insanely proud of the man he is.

So, Happy Veteran's Day (and I love ya Papa!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade