Thankful

As Thanksgiving approaches, I want to take time to focus on what I am so very thankful for. So many times, we go through the motions during the holidays, while being inundated with commercials and ads about all the toys, gadgets and so on that we need to get for our loved ones. While I am NOT a fan of Black Friday (I have only experienced that nightmare once and that was enough), I do love buying stuff for my family members. Of course, along with the purchases, there comes stress. Stress to find the right thing, stress to keep within a budget, stress over who to buy for... This year, the belt is tight, but I want to really take the opportunity to be thankful and to teach my kids to be thankful, to share that amazing feeling and to understand that the best gifts we have can't be bought for 40% off on Black Friday...

So, I'm going to share here 5 things I am thankful for (in no particular order) every day until Thanksgiving. While I'm making my own list here, I plan on having my boys make their own lists of gratitude as well.

I'm grateful for...

  • Brandon - who occasionally says the most perfect thing. (like today's: "everything I do in this house is to make you happy" - ya he made me smile).

  • Bryan - who is at an age when he's sooooo much fun to talk to.

  • Joshua - who has a super amazing imagination.

  • Coffee - because it keeps me sane. Seriously.

  • Pledge - because it really is amazing to see what my wood furniture is REALLY supposed to look like after a good dusting!!
So, what are you thankful for today?

Here's my sanity check:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade