Repressing the Grouch

I'm a bit grouchy today. I don't really know what the deal is. I can see myself from a distance being moody, but I can't do much about it. On a good note, thinking about the things that I'm grateful helps. I know that sounds so corny, but it's true. I admit it, when I first sat down to think about five things I am grateful for today, it wasn't coming easy. I was definitely looking at everything from an extremely negative angle. However, after dwelling on it for a bit, I came up with my five AND I'm in a much better mood as a result.
  • Education - I am so grateful for all of the different schools (16 total) that I went to by the time I graduated. It is one of the reasons I can talk to a wall right now... if only a wall could talk back. LOL! And seeing how others percieved their educations was really interesting to me. I loved school!
  • The Dallas Zoo - what's better than spending the day at the zoo with my babies??
  • DVD's - OK, movie night with my boys is way fun too! We are movie freaks for sure!
  • Blankets & Pillows - plus movie night?? HELLO! Snuggling while watching a good movie rocks!
  • Captain Crunch - totally craved this while pregnant. I don't care that it cuts the roof of your mouth, it's still yummy!!

So, if you're in a funk, think about all the blessings in your life and you're sure to improve your mood.

Comments

Bec said…
Great way to get out of a bad mood!
Captain Crunch...mmmmmmmmmm! I especially love the special edition "Oops! All Berries"
Anthea Goodman said…
OK, so I thought the number of schools I went to was mad!! I went to 6 junior schools, 3 high schools and 2 universities. So 11... which is waaaay more than enough, but 16?? Eeek! And yes, I can talk to the wall and make it be my friend too... it must be all the moving and having to fit in (sometimes at short notice!) But I don't think I would change my education at all... and it amuses me terribly when I talk to people who went to one junior school and one high school. I don't think I could live like that!

PS. Thanks for your comment on my blog! Much appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade