Web Wednesday

I have mixed feelings about how quickly/easily information (or possibly misinformation) is passed around the world via the web.  It seems like we are constantly glued to some kind of media device, but then again, I love being able to satisfy a curiosity so quickly.

Here's a few places, I've traveled over the web in the last week:

What a week of groceries look like...
I found it fascinating to see what the differences between each country.  It was really interesting to see which countries had more prepackaged food or fresh produce.

This image is of the United States.

00175392 What A Week Of Groceries Looks Like Around The World

Missing teenager from Oklahoma
It wasn't all amusing.  I am praying that this family is reunited with their son.  They went on vacation to Ecuador and he went missing while out on a hike.  Read the article and pass it along.  Hoping someone, somewhere sees him.

August Reiger, 18, has gone missing

Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes
I tried baking these last week.  I made only one change and was putting a strawberry in each cupcake before baking them.  They were yummy and 2 of my boys loved them!



Can you tell that I like to look at recipes?  LOL!  I haven't actually tried any of these, but I found this site on Pinterest.  I must try some of these.



The Pioneer Woman's building
I love the Pioneer Woman and have been following her blog since long before she had a show on the Food Network.  To me, she leads such an interesting life.  I love reading about the building she and her family are restoring.  This is one of the pics she took of her building and I love that you can see her reflection.

The Building June 22

Fat but Fit
No image for this one.  I found this article interesting.  We've been so conditioned to assume that anyone who is overweight (even ourselves) is unhealthy.  I think the reason this one caught my attention is because I totally struggle with weight loss.  And there is no way I am sitting here claiming to have done everything I know of to lose weight.  It's just that it is not as simple as exercising.  Also, because of the panic attack incident, I have had a very thorough look at my health this year.  Even then, I can't claim to be perfectly healthy, but I AM really pretty healthy after all of the fears brought on my that panic attack.  I am not using this bit of info to justify my weight concerns - I am still working my way to a better weight (which would fix the one and only health issue I do have).  It just put my mind more at ease.  I can still work on it without the fear that I am going to drop dead before I get to my goal.

No More Chemo
I don't know if I am more sensitive to health issues after my own health freakout or if it really is that more people that I know are having health issues or maybe it's just social media and you intimate details of far more people's lives, but just seems like I am hearing about so many people being diagnosed with awful ailments or people passing away from undiagnosed issues or accidents.  So, when I saw a friend post this article on FB, I was intrigued and amazed.  To think that God has graced us with such intelligence, that man kind can come up with solutions like this.  Amazing!

That's all for now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade