Web Wednesday - July 17th

I almost forgot about Web Wednesday.  Therefore, I am pretending today is still Wednesday.  Here's where I've been around the web lately...

Danger Pay for the Military
This is a link to an article in Stars and Stripes talking about doing away with danger pay for service member assigned to certain posts.  Danger pay is a boost in their paycheck when they are stationed to places or waterways where they could be in imminent danger.  This kind of stuff really irritates me.  I understand that our government needs to trim wasteful spending and I do believe there is a lot of wasteful spending being done.  I do NOT believe this is one of those situations.  Our service men and women don't exactly get paid loads to do the job (voluntarily) of defending our country.  They are often apart from their families and in dangerous situations - why would they take this benefit away from them?

Creative Consequences
This article made me roll my eyes and smile.  I think the victim of the theft here is a kind hearted and thoughtful woman.  I hope the thieves involved realize this.  I'm sure the one boy's mother does.

Burglary Victim Finds Thief's Cellphone, Calls His Mom

I actually originally saw this plea go out on Facebook through a page called Being Catholic. Really.  I found it intriguing then.  I am happy about the outcome and think the power of social media is insane.  It can be overwhelming and sometimes negative, but in this case, I think it performed a miracle.  Read the Article, it's pretty cool.  

Being Catholic. Really - Chicago, IL

This just makes me happy.  I love positive new stories.  Can you tell?  I see a theme (well except for the first article) for this week.  The article doesn't give much info about the boy's current condition, but he's alive, thanks to this Marine.

The Official United States Marine Corps Public Website

I enjoyed this article.  It had me nodding in agreement for most of it.  I hope most parents know most of this.  I especially agree with the one about family traditions.  We have a lot of small, odd family traditions and I love every one of them.  I could also expand on the one about pushing buttons.  It really is true and if you give kids the power to push your anger buttons, you are in trouble...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade