The Dallas Zoo

We renewed our family membership and took the boys to the zoo a couple of weeks ago.  We just love going to the zoo and it's so nice that we don't feel like we have to see EVERYTHING all in one day.  I'm planning on taking the boys again soon and just hanging out in the kids area for awhile.  I do have this sinking feeling that the zoo isn't as entertaining as it used to be for Bryan.  NOOOOOO!!  Stop acting like a teenager - I don't want him to grow up!

I did some major bribing to get Brandon to climb up on the elephant with the boys for this shot.  LOL!  It was also quite comical to see me trying to hold my camera with one hand while trying to shove Bryan's little butt up there too.  Ahhh - what I'll do to get the photo I want.



I don't really know what he was doing here?  Whistling maybe?  He got a kick out of me getting on there too just to get this shot.  BTW - The Family Passport membership is totally worth it.



This is a typical scene - Brandon and Bryan taking off, Joshua trying to be independent and me lagging behind...





Yes, we get a lot of weird looks when we're out.






This guy was trying to hide behind some posts, but I managed to get a little bit of him in the pic.


He REALLY wanted to break that piece of wood!



The zoo didn't always allow this and I wonder if they let people feed the ALL day long.  You can buy some lettuce to feed them.  The boys didn't feed them, but they were able to touch this one briefly.  He wanted food though. 





I love that Bryan is trying to encourage him by showing him how to eat the lettuce.  Nevermind that Bryan would rather starve to death than ever eat lettuce himself...






A whole gaggle of these guys were standing on the monorail track and kept us from moving for quite some time.  It was like they were doing it on purpose and moving off as slowly as they could.  I thought it was pretty funny.  Joshua was afraid one of them would reach into the car we were sitting in and try to snap at his hands.  LOL!




I like this photo.  Simply because it was so odd that this little bunch of flowers was just sitting there on this fence like that.  Nothing else was around it.






And of course we always get this shot.  I have this shot every year since Bryan was only a year old.  :)







Yes, that's my son pretending to be roadkill.  Sigh.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade