Graceland

The first stop on our adventure:  Graceland.  Seriously.  I've wanted to go there forever.  Now, B and I want to go back again one day.  We didn't have enough time to see everything we wanted to see.

My car looks a little sad, but everyone is happy and in a great mood.





My babies.

Me and Little B.  I still can't believe he's taller than me.








I'm pretty sure this photo was originally meant to be of just Little B and B.  Shorty has once again photo bombed one of my shots.



They gave us iPads that had a virtual tour that we listened to as we went through Graceland.  It was kind of funny looking around seeing everyone wearing headphones with iPads hanging from their necks.  I focused very hard on not grossing out at wearing headphones that a million strangers had probably worn before.

Who narrated the virtual tour?  Why, John Stamos of course.  Are you surprised?  B was, but I wasn't.  I know John Stamos has always been a big Elvis fan.  The Rock was the voice over the PA making announcements for tours and stuff.  Of course, Lisa Marie and Priscilla also appeared on the virtual tour.

The house isn't as big as I had imagined it would be, but I find that I like that.  It was homey - like they used the whole house.  It was really fancy though.  Very 70s.

I enjoyed looking at the details.  This light fixture, hanging over the front door is totally bizarre, but I thought it was neat looking.

Elvis's parents.  There were lots of photos - just more evidence that this was someone's home.

I would not want to clean this chandelier.  It is pretty though.

I love the stained glass windows.  Do you see the P in the middle of the pane above the door?  I adore the bright red.

Sooooo much white!  I wonder if Lisa Marie was banned from playing in this room.  It is pretty, especially with the bright colors.

Elvis loved T.V.s and had a bunch of them.

Photos of Lisa Marie when she was little.


This was the leg from a hallway table.  It was so dark in the hallway that I couldn't get a shot of the whole table.  Even this photo was super dark.  I lightened it up in photoshop, which is why it's so grainy.

This was his parents' room.  Very elegant, but simple.

Another gorgeous chandelier.  This one was above the stairway.


Priscilla and Lisa Marie.

This was one of my favorite rooms in the house.  It's just very pretty.  I like the colors and the furniture.


The kitchen was super dark.  It's big, but carpet in the kitchen?  yuk!  Do you see the super expensive microwave oven.  It cost Elvis about $650.

I swear I remember having decor like this in our home when I was little.




More T.V.s  How many can you watch at once?


This was also one of my favorite rooms.  B hated this room.  I thought fabric lined walls and ceiling was so unique.




This was one of B's favorite rooms.  The "Jungle Room".  I wasn't a big fan of the room.  I didn't like the fountain with the red light.  The carved furniture and lamps were kind of neat though.

The green carpet...not so much.




Green carpet on the ceiling too?  So weird.





This is were Vernon and Elvis did business.  All the paintings are from fans.


Of course, the boys thought it was SOOOO cool that he had his own gun range.


Back when Elvis lived here, this is where he and his friends rode horses.  His favorite horse was named Rising Sun.


There is a whole trophy house.  The entrance has a timeline of Elvis's life on the walls.  I only took this one shot.  I loved photos from his early days.







If those people had stepped up the pace a bit, I could have had a really good shot - without them in it.  This was such an impressive sight.


My boy.  Listening to the virtual tour.  They were much better at exploring the extra options on the iPad than I was.  It's hard taking pics, listening and messing with an iPad all at the same time.




This was his uniform from when he was in the Army.

Priscilla's wedding dress.  I love how simple and pretty it is.

Elvis's wedding tux.





Another building on the property.  This is for workout equipment and a racquetball court.  Of course, the only workout equipment I saw was that bench thingy.  Lots of couches, a pinball machine...

a piano...

This is what the racquetball court looks like today.  Full of additional trophies, records, costumes.









I believe they said that this was the original marker for Gladys Presley, Elvis's mom.  Vernon had her grave as well as Elvis moved to Graceland.















The gates to Graceland.



The walls all along the property were covered in signatures like this.  I would have liked to walk and look at them.  We just didn't have the time.



The car museum.






This car was ordered by Frank Sinatra, but Elvis convinced the dealer to sell it to him instead.  I wonder if that made Frank mad.






He had 2 private planes.  The Lisa Marie is the bigger of the two.


This is the smaller one.










They were having fun choosing Elvis songs to play on the juke box.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade