Boston

I really loved our time in Boston and wish we'd had another full day to spend there.  It was still a little cold in that part of the country, but we had so much fun.  I adore the history there.

This is where we stayed.  I highly recommend it.  The staff was awesome!  The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom rocked!



Joshua took these 3 pics of the Old South Meeting House.  Love his composition.  This is where the Boston Tea Party was planned.



We had no idea what this statue was of until we came home.  Turns out this is Edgar Allen Poe.


There were files of shoveled snow everywhere.


Seen in the Boston Common area.

This is the Boston State House - the state capitol building where the governor of Massachusetts works.  After leaking, the original wood dome was covered in Copper by Paul Revere.  It was painted several times and then gilded on 23k gold in 1997.

My little photographer.




We were getting ready to go on our walking tour of the Freedom Trail.  It was also soon after this that I crashed and burned on a patch of ice.





That is a monument to Benjamin Franklin.  B wouldn't let me go into this cemetery because it hadn't been cleared of snow and I'd already fallen once.

The tall headstone belongs to John Hancock.


Somewhere over there near that one that looks like a bench is Paul Revere's tombstone.

This is the gravesetone for Samuel Adams.



My shots of the Old South Meeting House.

I believe this is where the Declaration of Independence is read every July 4th.


This is the site of the Boston Massacre.

Faneuil Hall was built to be a meeting hall and market place.  Meetings were held here to encourage independence from England.

I found the fallout shelter sign a little disconcerting...  ;)

There is a monument of Samuel Adams right outside of Faneuil Hall.










Cheers!  The boys had no idea what we were talking about.


I swear I took pics Fenway, but I don't know what happened to them.  The statues are right outside the ballpark.

That is a lot for parking...



The Charles River covered in ice still.

The only proof that we saw MIT.  Bryan was excited, but we didn't get to explore that area.


The Opera.


Civil War monument in Boston Common.


On our way to the Tea Party reenactment.  The people working there obviously love their jobs.  They did such a great job and were incredibly entertaining!












There's Samuel Adams encouraging dissidence!











This was a police boat breaking up ice in the harbor.







Throw that tea overboard Shorty!




















The U.S.S. Constitution.  B was so upset that we couldn't go aboard.  They were working on the main mast that day.




The U.S.S. Constitution Museum.


















Bunker Hill.  B and Little B climbed all the way to the top.  Shorty and I chose to stay at the bottom and explore.  The neighborhood around the monument is absolutely gorgeous!













Those towers are a monument to recognize the victims of the Holocaust.  Names are etched on the glass of each tower.

We had lunch at Hard Rock the last day.









We made it Paul Revere's house about 30 minutes after it closed.  Boo!



Of course, I had to take pics of the bathroom.  I can't believe I didn't get pics of the room itself.  LOL!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade