No Brussels

Well, we didn't get to go to Belgium this summer after all. With the rising cost of EVERYTHING - including airline tickets, we just couldn't make it. For the four of us it would have been a fortune. As much as I wanted to go and explore Western Europe for the first time, I just couldn't justify it. So.... my parents came here to visit for a week and a half. It was so nice to see them. I hadn't seen my dad in about a year and a half.
So nice, so nice - seems like such a trite thing to say. It was spectacular, it was wonderful, it was fantastic, it was refreshing, it has to be a visit to sustain until next summer. It was so quick though. It is always hard to say goodbye and it always makes me wonder or maybe it reminds me that one day I will be saying goodbye to each of my children. Is that the way it's going to be? Is my family destined to be scattered throughout the world? Whatever, my children choose to do with their lives, with their talents; wherever their intelligence takes them in the world, I will support and accept, but I would be lying if sometimes it doesn't make the pace of my heart quicken to think of not seeing them every single day.
Anyways...the visit was wonderful - I will post more about the things we did...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade