So Bad at This!!

I know - I'm so bad at this. I had hoped to blog more often in 2009 than I did, but I DO think I managed to do better that 2008. LOL! Baby steps right??

I the holiday season found everyone happy, healthy and surrounded by those you love. Our holidays were very nice! Mom and Dad were not able to be here for Christmas, but we did get to enjoy them over Thanksgiving. PLUS, we get to see them again in a couple of months - YEAH!

So, what does 2010 have in store for you? I'm hoping for good things - not only for us, but for everyone who had a rough 2009. It was a mixed bag for our family. Both good and not so good events. We have most definitely been blessed in more ways than one, but it was an emotional roller coaster none the less. In February I thought I was going to be laid off and ended up being hired onto another team within the company. BIG BLESSING!! My parents were posted to Baghdad - not so great, but they've managed to stay safe. BIG BLESSING!! Bryan continues to be smaller, but the shots have been helping and he is quickly catching up. BIG BLESSING!! Bryan had a rough beginning to the school year after the wreck that was 4th grade thanks to a VERY unorganized teacher, but he finally found his groove and has been doing great! Another BIG BLESSING! Brandon was laid off over the summer, not so great. We are hopeful that the new year will bring him a job that he truly loves.

OK, now for the re-cap of some of 2009 goals:
1. I am keeping the weight thing on here - I don't think it will ever get taken off.
I told you this one was never going away...

2. Go to Belgium - I am keeping this one as well since it is pretty much a done deal - I am going to Belgium in May to see my parents.
I DID THIS ONE!!! Bryan and I had soooo much fun on our trip!

3. More writing - not just here, but in general. I would like to document some more of our lives and thoughts. I took an awesome online class recently called Stories in Hands. It had some great journaling prompts that I can't wait to explore.
I think I have done this, even though not to the extend I had hoped for, so I am going to continue working on this one.

4. Project 365 - It is my goal to accomplish this project: Take one photo a day with a small caption or thought along with it. I'm really looking forward to this one as well. I plan on posting most photos on here. Unless it something I don't feel is OK to post online.
This one was a half, half one. I took the pictures, but I didn't post them. Posting them daily was really difficult. I am doing it again this year, but I think my goal will be to just post at least one photo a week, even though I will still be taking one daily.

5. Take a formal photography class - Everything I know is self taught and I think I would like to take a formal class now.
I'm in the middle of taking an online class that I want to be finished with by May. YEAH! However, I think a real life class might be in order.

6. Be happy as usual - I really hope 2009 holds good things for all of us!
This one was a challenge at times, but I think I got a bit better at just spending time with my boys and not worrying TOO much about the things that could wait.

Goals for 2010: (at least some of them)

1. Get out more - quit taking the easy stay at home option. I'm making more of an effort to get together with some friends in person and not relying only on FB, IM, email and cell phones...

2. Finish my online photography course by May.

3. Take an in person photography class.

4. OK, I know this one will shock you!! Ready?..... Lose weight! LOL!

5. Purge one room at a time through my house - we really need to declutter and simplify.

OK, the rest are saved for my scrapbook room wall. hehe!

Wishing you well for the new year!!

OH!! and planning on posting some of my favorite pics from the holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade