Inside - Part 3

These are just a few of my favorites of the paintings we were able to see. I just love the vibrant colors from this first one - it was the first thing that caught my eye even before I recognized the subject. I love how she's kneeling, seemingly lost in thought; in prayer and totally oblivious to the angel in her company.


OK - I took a picture of the title and artist of this painting, but it didn't come out at all. I just really like it. For some reason, it reminds me of the story of King Arthur and the Lady of the Lake. I don't think that is it at all, it's just the story it congures in my mind.


It was very cool to see that the museum allows art students to come in and set up their easels and work on class assignments based on these classics. This was just one of the many students we saw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade