New Floors (and dining room walls)

I hate, hate, hated the flooring in the kitchen, dining room and entryway. YUK! The entryway had wooden tiles that were popping off all the time, the dining room had ancient carpet and the kitchen had yellow and brown vynl tile, ala 70's. However, no longer to I have to steer guests away from those areas of embarassment. I now have the most beautiful tile floors instead. They are a natural stone of browns, dark reds and tans. I love, love, love them! Since I had new floors, the wall color would not do, so we stripped the badly painted over wallpaper from one wall. We were supremely surprised to find that it was applied right to the sheetrock, realizing it was the original wallpaper from the builder in 1971. UGH! So a mudding we went (well, Brandon did). We painted the walls, the crownmolding, the bay window, the entryway, floorboards, and these railing thingies that divide the entryway and dining room. It's amazing how different the room looks now. I admit though... I still have yet to hang any of my art back up. I suck at that! Seriously, I was the kid in school that the teacher said "Everyone can freehand their geometry homework, except you Andy, you use a ruler!" I'm gonna have to bribe someone to come over and help me...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade