de⋅pressed 


 /dɪˈprɛst/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-prest] Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1.
sad and gloomy; dejected; downcast.
2.
pressed down, or situated lower than the general surface.
3.
lowered in force, amount, etc.
4.
undergoing economic hardship, esp. poverty and unemployment.
5.
being or measured below the standard or norm.
6.
Botany, Zoology. flattened down; greater in width than in height.
7.
Psychiatry. suffering from depression.






That would be me. I totally HATE saying goodbye to either of my parents for long periods of time and I seem to have done more in the last 4 years than I have my entire life. Usually my mind and body's method of dealing with these blues are to sleep.....sleep....and sleep some more. I dropped my mom off at the airport around 9am yesterday morning, went to breakfast with my sweet Bryan, then went home and slept. After sleeping through an entire movie, Brandon woke me up and asked if I wanted to go get out of the house, thinking that might snap me out of it. So...we went to Target, then Brandon pushed me to get my hair cut since I've been talking about it. You would think a nice new do would cheer me up and it did for a bit:





Ahhh - so much easier to take care of. However, my parents are still on the other side of the globe, so I came home and went to bed at 6pm and woke up at 8am this morning - nothing like a little sleep. I was a little better today, only took one nap for about 30 minutes. I even scrapped a little today and hope a bit more before I call it a night. I know it'll pass, but I sure do miss hanging out with my folks, just chatting about whatever....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade