Praying...

It seems to me like there are so many awful things going on in the world right now. I know you can say this is nothing new Andy… but for some reason I feel more affected by all of the negative news lately.
I have a couple of friends that are going through hard times in their lives with loved ones who are sick, with what appears to be no hope for a long future ahead of them, and I pray for them.
I have a couple of friends with babies who are experiencing what such a young soul should never have to go through and I pray for them.
I read a news article about a woman who was shot in the stomach during a bank robbery on Tuesday morning - she was five months pregnant with twins that she and her husband had been trying to conceive for years. Her babies died early this morning. I pray for them.
I know that there are people out there truly trying to make a difference in the world - doing really good things for other people and I really pray for them. I pray that they continue on their path, that they don't let the red tape, negative attitudes and the immensity of what they are doing deter them.
And I pray for all of my family, friends and even brief acquaintances - that we all do our part to make life better. Even with the smallest acts - hug our parents, spouses, children, teach our babies to be good-hearted, upstanding citizens, smile to people we pass in the aisles of the grocery store. Life is too short to get caught up in the stress and to-do lists. The work will always be there and the chores can wait a little longer to get done. I challenge myself and all of my dear friends who care enough to read my words, to do just this today - go home and play. Go home and make the choice to be happy. Forget about the cleaning, the reports, the filing, the electric bill, just for tonight and play.
God bless all of you. Even if we don't get to talk or see each other in person as often as we'd like, know that I think of you often and you are always in my prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Flakes in TX

Blogging for Scrapbookers

First Day of 1st Grade